Choose Your Language

Saturday 29 May 2021

Episode 43: Permits Permitting!

I know it's been a while, but I am finally back in a position where I can now safely start producing more material for the module, Predestinated Days, the second part of the campaign. The once ever-present brick dust in our house has finally been eradicated, and both myself and the computer can now breathe more easily, allowing me to get back to production without any fear of a breakdown. Note, however, I have not been completely absent from the task, but simply hampered. This blog is to announce a return to a more structured pace and a little info on what has transpired since I last posted ...

MORE QUESTS!

Since my last post, I decided to change the area(s) I was working on ... which actually involved around half a dozen or so areas in the end. Since these are areas that will be found towards the end of the module, and are quite involved, I decided to start working on some of the earlier areas instead. Here I was able to introduce some new quests, which I hope will have an impact on the later areas anyway. In the latest area(s) I am working with, I was able to introduce three new quests, and add a lot of new conversations and characters that I hope will add flavour to the story as a whole.

MORE CONVERSATIONS!

From there, I was also able to manage a number of new conversations that will play according to the various PC backgrounds. As I continue to develop these areas, I have found that I have been able to make more and more usage of the new conversation options, which should add for some interesting outcomes, subject to which PC the player decides to allow to comment and according to the different background personalities they have.

MORE MONSTERS!

This latest area I am working on is also the area where I will be adding a new creature type. I won't say anything about it, except this link could be considered a small spoiler. However, true to my own style and tradition in such situations, there is more material I need to add regarding such, including bestiary information and even potential readable texts. i.e. I try to give more background to certain monsters where possible, to give greater immersion and potential gameplay options. With this, however, comes potential complexity that may clash with some other ideas I have in mind, and so I will need to work through this particular creature type with care.

AND ANOTHER SCREENSHOT!

I don't know if I have shown a screenshot from this area before, but as it is from the current area I am working on, I decided this was the one for now. Please note, like all my screenshots, the main PC speaker (and other potential party members) are NOT properly dressed, as they are test PCs only. Therefore, please do not let the lack of dress put you off ... I leave that for the player to apply when the time comes.

Things Are Never Straightforward!


No comments: