For those interested in playing the completed module, The Scroll (The First Day), then please go to its download link in the side bar below to the left under "My NWN2 Material".
For the sake of completion, I will make this final post on the discoveries I made and the fixes it required. Even at this very last stage of testing, I had to make some "significant" changes, simply due to the code being so messy and inefficient. Read on ...
1) Fixed a "placeable item" drop name.
2) Fixed a description update that was not updating when a level item updated.
3) Creature AI: Added a missing variable to encourage a creature to use its spell abilities.
4) Removed "cleric" description from Jagged Tooth scroll.
1) Rewrote the OnAcquire and UnAcquire scripts, which were in a very haphazard state.
2) Rewrote the sbfunctions include script, which had some very inefficient coding.
3) Rewrote the Rune Puzzle GUI to enable players with low resolutions to drag the GUI apart.
4) Redesigned the item required system for crafting. (Previous system could not handle larger loops.)
5) Updated some journal entries to be more informative regarding the quest at hand.
6) Added weapon equipped feedback when PC swapped.
7) Added a mage workbench to an area.
Basically, much of what was required in the last set of coding was rewrites of OLD poorly written code and making other code work more efficiently. I still see this kind of thing scattered around the module, but the good news is that most of the important sections have now been addressed, and any that still needs attention can be addressed as I continue to work through modules 2 and 3, as they are campaign scripts, which will be backward compatible.
|I think it's time for a lay down.|