Choose Your Language

Wednesday 4 March 2009

A Beginning ...

I think the bulk of the house decorating is behind us now, and I am slowly regaining energies to start looking at the campaign again. It's always hard getting back into a module after a break (as I am sure you will know), as one has to become familiar with all the different scripts and aspects again, so that you know where you were.

As it turns out, I think I was at the point where I could continue work on one of my side-quests. It happens to be the first side-quest, and in a sense is the first "plot" section I have written. I have the main story penciled in of course, but other than designing a couple of its areas (very roughly), even that part has not had any conversations done yet.

To mark this stage, I will add a percentage score in the left sidebar for the amount done for the two module sections: Mechanics and Plot. I did this with Soul Shaker and I know it helps players get a feel of how the work is proceeding. Mind you, please don't be put off by the figures, as I sometimes do larger chunks than at other times, so bear with me. ;) I will also add a new label, "Better The Demon", which is the current title for the module. This label will be used for posts that will contain more emphasis on plot writing. That's the theory anyway.

2 comments:

EC said...

Glad to hear you're back at it. There's lots of decoration/light renovation to be done in our house too. Sometimes I think I'm putting it off because I feel I'm too busy with something else...;)

I like the working title. Suitably fantastic, and mysterious at the same time.

I'll keep tabs on your progress, and look forward to reading more about the story.

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi E.C. Patterson,

I had to do it really ;) ... These bits had not been done since we moved in 16 years ago! There are still a couple of doors to hang, but I am a little reluctant to do these at the moment as the 'bunnies' might chew these ones. (They are on their rooms.)

Glad you like the title. :) In case it was not obvious, it is based on the saying, "Better The Devil You Know", but allows for the player to work out the title for themselves. Unless others read this comment, then I suppose it may not be understood unless/until played. And, of course, there is the subtle difference of a demon vs a devil.

I hope to start doing more to the Althéa website as time passes, so the backstory can be read (if wanted) prior to the story in this part of the campaign. I can reveal more of the plot that has already occured there rather than give too much away of the new stuff. :)

Lance.