Choose Your Language

Thursday 17 July 2008

It's All In The Art (ADV)

There was a last minute panic before we started play this week, as I realised that I had not yet updated two of my computers with NWN to v1.69. Thankfully, I had already downloaded the critical patch and so abandoned the "update" method I was using (because the time to start play was approaching fast) so that I could update the two machines in time. The updates went fine and were ready just in time.

I had tested my own computer with v1.69 and everything played OK with Soul Shaker, but the real test would come tonight when we played another session with all computers. Thankfully, again, everything went smoothly, update or otherwise. The only thing I noticed was that if a player joined a multi-player game and was missing a plot item, then they would be given it. This is fine as a safety net against plot items being lost accidentally, but the problem arises when another player may join later who does have the plot item. You end up with two plot items in the game. However, I have decided this is not a major issue as the code does correct for the extra plot items after a quest requiring the plot has been finished. I could add extra code to sort all this out, but I don't think its really necessary. I have, however, made a note about this for future multi-player modules and plot items.

SYNOPSIS SNIPPET: (REALM LEVEL: 8th) REALM TIME: 26 Hours 50 Mins

"Inside the small tower, the group discovered a strange device. Myara, the most proficient when dealing with Realm devices took a closer look: It seemed to be some sort of communication device. Myara then decided to touch the device to see if she could discover something more. Within seconds she heard the voice of the Dark King communicating with her by telepathy through the device." 

Download the full synopsis here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lance, congrats on your AME Golden Dragon Award for best Debut Author! If you ever want us to announce news for you please stop by the nwnpodcast.com!

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi ashercon,

Woh! That is good news! I would be delighted to contribute any information or news that may be of interest to your podcast.

I will drop by and leave a comment if I can.

Lance.