Choose Your Language

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Reaching A Limit

Now that the number of areas I have outlined for the next adventure has increased, I am finding my computer starting to take longer and longer when working with them in the tool set. And while I am reasonably patient, I am finding the slow loads and manipulation quite difficult to work with and may have to consider getting a faster computer sooner rather than later to help alleviate the problem. I know I could work on areas individually and import them, but I do not like to work like that, as it can cause me other issues later on.

The main computer that I use the NWN2 tool set on at the moment (AMD Athlon 64 3500) was built back in March 2005 and is beginning to show its age when running this sort of thing. However, my finances are a bit all over the place at the moment and so I may have to put designing on hold until things settle down. (After all, I have just bought a new camera as well.)

In the meanwhile, I have been making very slow progress, and have managed to achieve some results that I was after. Take a look at the night and sunrise screenshots. (I hope they don't give too much away.) I am probably about 15% of the way through designing the next adventure. However, I would also like to flesh out a few ideas I have to go along with it (as side quests or additional mechanic ideas) that will have to wait until I can build more efficiently. Hopefully, if a new computer does speed things up significantly, then I may be encouraged to open up the tool set more often than I have done of late.

SOUL SHAKER UPDATE: There was no D&D played tonight. I hope to play again when we are back to a full complement of players, which I hope will be in the next week or two.

No comments: