Choose Your Language

Monday 10 March 2008

Digesting XML

I have been spending some time just reading over the information that elf des coquillages pointed out to me in a comment yesterday regarding XML coding. (Links have been added to the Useful Links section on the left.) Sometimes it is just good to get to grips with something like this to be able to gain confidence with regards to custom building as a whole. I think I have got to grips with as much as I need for now, and will probably try to put together a small beginners tutorial to help remind me, but also to post on the Vault for others. It won't necessarily contain the correct language for certain terms, but will be aimed at people similar to myself who may just like to have some of the more basic concepts outlined in a language easily understood, which I feel is missing at the moment.

First, however, I want to be able to right my own XML file to demonstrate the level of knowledge I have reached and maybe to help show some of those elements that are not obvious, like the different fonts available.

Hopefully, once I have that off my chest, I will be able to start looking at writing more towards the first module of the campaign within the new era. I still need to add the books sections (which is why I did "Readable Books"), but maybe I can look at one or two other areas of the mechanics from a different approach now that my knowledge of XML has improved. I will have to wait and see how the mood and imagination takes me.

No comments: