Choose Your Language

Thursday 25 December 2008

Mass

Mass ... Effect

I managed to order this game for under £10.00 a few weeks ago. I did not want to pay more than this because of the DRM software that limits usage. It still has not turned up yet, but I'm in no hurry. There is so much else to do.

Mass ... & Weight For Gold

I finally managed to get my system in place that means gold now weighs something and takes up a slot in the inventory, in the way of money pouches that carry 500 gold coins each and weigh 10 lb. If a PC carries less than 500 gold coins, then no pouches are created. I believe the system is flexible enough to work in a multi player environment as well, and allows a player to divide the weight of the gold among all his or her PCs. Furthermore, the money pouches that are created work dynamically, meaning the player does not need to do anything with regards to handing over gold. The testing is certainly more complicated than I first thought it would be, but I believe I have a working combination now.

Mass ... of Christ ("Christmass")

Readers may be surprised that my wife and I do not celebrate this time, or Easter for that matter. We are Christians, and it is because of this and through various points of study, that we came to the conclusion that these celebrations do not edify God. Furthermore, they have the potential to mislead others about their faith. Therefore, taken in the light of 1 Corinthians Chapter 8 verse 13, my wife and I do not take part in such. There are also some very good sermons to support this, including a sermon (in three parts) by Greg Price, which can be found here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. (These link to multi-media pages.)

Now, even though we do not celebrate these particular times, I would like to make clear that my wife and I do celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of Christ every day of the year, and in this respect, dear reader, you have our warmest welcome and hope you are walking with us along the narrow path that leads to Him in glory. God Bless.

No comments: