Choose Your Language

Monday, 26 May 2014

Lots of Little Things

Have you ever had the toolset crash as you exit it? If you have used the toolset and know how having the "include" files not quite right causes this problem, then you know what I am talking about. It's a pain to track down sometimes ... and this was one of them. At least, I knew where the problem lay, but did not like the idea of having to go through sorting the various includes to get to the bottom of the problem. Suffice to say, I got there in the end, and now the toolset closes fine again after I finish doing a little more on the project. Furthermore, the code has been cleaned up and streamlined again, with a couple of "module" includes amalgamated into one, which makes changing aspects for the module a lot easier, and means I only need change one file for module differences when I finally get onto my next modules.

The above problem was caused by me fiddling with a number of new additions I am looking at, from 1) adding a bestiary (see latest screenshot), 2) adding Kivinen Item Placeables to my campaign (which required me having to rewrite the scripts to work with my campaign), 3) to making use of some new buttons and levers that Thierry (aka 4760) has been working on. This last addition has the potential to add a lot of classic dungeon puzzles and events, which I am looking forward to implementing when Thierry eventually releases the final product.

Opening Bestiary Page and Animal Selected Page

The World of Althéa Website

I finally decided to abandon Mediafire and close my account with them, as both uploading and downloading files with them was a complete pain and caused issues with my website. I now use Microsoft Onedrive, so users should be able to download my book, "Deep Within", and past synopses more easily now (if interested).

Back On Track

Now that I have the core template code in place for the new bestiary, and Kivinen's item placeables now work with my code, I am finally getting back on track with the main module write up. At the moment, I am continuing to add atmosphere in the way of sound and lighting to some areas that needed it, as well as continue to work at monster encounters. The AI works well from my own tests, and now I am trying to get the balance right.

Cleric defeated! The summoned creature un-summoned!

No comments: